The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) invites proposals for Individual Consulting services for the post of Data Services Manager.
Position Description of the Data Services Manager
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the management of the database system including designing the blueprint for development, testing and deployment of data warehouse, data mart and reporting solutions and management of entire system The individual will work with various functional team to convert the organization business requirement into optimized database, management decision support systems, business intelligence and reporting system. The individual’s, responsibility would also include participation in strategy development involvement in project management activities, all phases of the systems development life cycle; resolution of issues with existing system; providing technical guidance to other team members as well as backend vendors contracting and management. The individual would have responsibility to provide logical database management and support as the leader of the NIMS database team, provide guidance and where necessary, hand on supports to the physical database, spanning all database platforms, including oversight over new and existing systems.
The successful candidate shall also
- Contribute to the overall system strategy focusing on the database component;
- Identify and develop the strategy for data acquisition, management and archival;
- Database infrastructure management, team leadership, design and consulting using in depth RDBMS knowledge, NIMC standards, and industry best practices while working with the project teams and/or vendors;
- Design supportable, stable, high performance database systems;
- Vendor/ project selection work for the database unit to determine the best vendor product to meet the business needs while upholding NIMC and industry standards;
- Leads creative approaches to problem solving as well as the development of quality deliverables;
- Support Enterprise Data Architecture initiatives;
- Work closely with the on-site DBAs to provide subject matter expert support as needed and use database native tools to perform required tasks;
- Develop and implement database security that meets or exceed NIMS security standards while meeting business and operational requirements;
- Steer the data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables and communication with stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain functional expertise in the related disciplines including database architecture, integrated business intelligence, KPI definition, analytical tools, techniques, and other infrastructure requirements,
- Advise management and keep them informed on issues related to IT generally and data management;
- Ensure that service level targets are met and address, all service level complaints;
- Partner with the functional business owners to coordinate and develop key management reports and tools to support operational and analytical requirement
- Champoin corporate value and culture within the unit / department;
- Provide technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse;
- Manage the data system development throughout its life cycle to maximize its value to the organization;
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate and insightful dashboards / reports to measure effectiveness and provide insight to the organization;
- Codify and publish formal analytic and reporting frameworks and methodologies;
- Apply various quantitative methods to analyze and interpret information from multiple data sources;
- Support ad hoc analysis and projects as needed;
- Identify data sources / process flows and design / execute date processes including date validation, date cleansing, data manipulation and analysis.
- Post graduate degree in IT or related field from a reputable University or related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum often (10) Years in IT experience supporting production and development databases on Oracle. MSSQL, DB2 or Sybase experience;
- Minimum of eight (8) years database infrastructure design experience;
- Advanced Oracle and MSSQL implementation and administration
- Advanced Database infrastructure design experience utilizing advanced Microsoft and Oracle database technologies;
- Six (6) or more years of Analytic Reporting experience
- Extensive experience in large Reporting and Business Intelligence projects;
- Solid, quantifiable experience in SQL Server Reporting and Analytics Services
- Data modeling both OLIP and OLAP;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in Web based Architecture;
- Previous joint Application Design (JAD) experience;
- Familiarity with ITIL V3;
- Good project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures;
- All around technology proficiency electronic knowledge repository management, Internet and intranets, Microsoft applications (especially Office, Protect); data processing, voice Communication etc and familiarity with basic HTML and assist in preparation of recovery procedure;
- Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization and to deal with vendors.
Minimum Educational Background
- Post graduate degree e.g. Master in MIS, Computer Science, Statistics or related field;
- Oracle Certificate: Oracle Certification Professional (OCP); Oracle RAC Expert 10g and 11g Release 2;
- ITIL Version 3 Qualifications;
- Microsoft Qualification: MCDBA Certificate (MCSA SQL Server 2012 and MCSE Business Intelligence).
How to apply?
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should download the relevant Request for Proposal (RFP) Documents from the Commission’s website: www.nimc.gov.ng Duly completed and signed RFP Documents should saved with Applicant’s names in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF file format and e-mailed to: email@example.com for only the advertised position of interest. Please indicate job title as subject of the email.
The last date for online submission of application is 11th September, 2012
Prospective candidates should not apply for more than one position.
Please note that physical submission of applications will not be entertained.
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2017-18, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2017-18, Bank Jobs 2017-18, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"