Standard Chartered Bank invites applications from qualified and eligible candidates for the grant of Head, Direct sales Governance.
Job ID: 305014
Job Function: Risk
Location: Nigeria - SCB
Full/Part Time: Full time
- This is a key line management job within Nigeria. Its main role is to ensure that the DSR Sales Model is fully compliant with Local Regulations and SCB Group Policies.
- Build processes and controls to ensure accountability for adherence to DSR policy , regulatory and compliance frame - HR, L&C, Finance , Credit , Operational risk, SQ, Training and certification
- Create awareness and strict compliance of all external, in-country, FSA regulations and other relevant laws.
- Assist Business Unit Head and BORM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Management of Regulatory and Compliance framework
- Develop, maintain and where applicable, roll out procedures and controls that meet the requirement of group policy, Group standard and local law and regulations
- Ensure training standard for compliance are met
- Ensure that effective processes and controls are in place with clear responsibility and accountability for the prevention of money laundering, miss- selling, misrepresentation , fraud & customer protection in line with Group policy and standards, local legal and regulatory requirement
- Ensure consistency of communication, on compliance requirements and non negotiable standards
- Management Control Maintenance & Risk coverage
- Initiate all annual reviews on DSR as laid down in Management and Risk policy
- Document adequate process and procedures to cover all perceivable risks and their mitigants with regard to DSRs. These will cover control of reputational risk, fraud risk , compliance risk and Business risk
- Work as part of country CB Mancom in providing adequate flow of information to the Mancom on progress
- Report to Mancom any exceptions to the policy with a view to take approval for in- country policies
- Ensure Customer service quality and complaints are handled promptly and efficiently to satisfaction of customers
- Ensure HR recruitment of DSR is in line with the group policy of Structured Recruitment process.
Unit Operational Risk Responsibilities
- To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
- Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Business Unit.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BORM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /BORM/Business Head as appropriate.
- Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the BORG, BORM and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur.
- Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist BORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
- Could act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMLPO), or cooperate with the UMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
Coordination with Group Sales
- To provide risk based reporting covering KCSA, KRIs, Fraud reports etc
- Report to Group Sales on exception to Group Policy for exceptional approval
- Coordinate roll out of group initiative with Country
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree with 5 years banking experience OR acceptable equivalent.
- Relevant knowledge of Consumer Banking practices and products
- Computer literate
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- A challenging enquiry and analytical mind
- In depth knowledge of banking operations/systems/methods/procedures and HR management.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply:
Follow the following steps to apply
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"