Water and Sanitation Specialist - RWFO, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (21/10/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: LPL-5
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: NA
Under the general supervision of the Resident Representative and reporting to the concerned Sector Division Manager at Bank Headquarters on technical issues, the incumbent will support the Rwanda Country Office activities in the Water Sector and carry out any other responsibilities as may be assigned to him/her.
Duties and responsibilities
Portfolio Management Issues:
- As a member of the Rwanda Country Team, he/she will be involved in programme/project identification, preparation, appraisal, launching, supervision monitoring and evaluation in the water and sanitation sector.
- Assist with the review and/or implementation of components of Bank funded water and sanitation programmes and provide guidance to program coordinators on tender evaluations, technical aspects of projects, Bank rules and procedures for procurement and disbursement, utilization of revolving funds, preparation of quarterly progress reports and annual audit reports.
- Participate in supervision missions and follow-up implementation issues in the water and sanitation sector, ensuring that agreed work plans, recommendations from supervision missions, Bank Portfolio Reviews and Audit recommendations are executed
- Coordinate and monitor information on water and sanitation sector performance and contribute to the design and monitoring of Bank Group’s Country Assistance Strategy.
Policy dialogue Issues
- Provide in-country policy support for agreed international development goals relevant to the water and sanitation sector,
- Ensure alignment of the Bank’s intervention in water and sanitation sector, including external reviews and missions, to the Government’ planning and budgeting cycle,
- Participate in country water and sanitation sector dialogue
- Undertake analytical work in the water and sanitation sector with a view to influence the water and sanitation policy framework in the country’s National Development Plan and advise on how to ensure sustainability of benefits of Bank financed water and sanitation projects and programs in the country,
- Keep track of key water and sanitation policy developments and their implications for Bank intervention in the country.
Donor Coordination Issues
- Participate in the various Water Sector Advisory Groups and other donor related coordination meetings and advise the Resident Representative and Head Office on sectoral issues, trends, and monitor harmonisation initiatives in the sector
- Plan and coordinate with other development partners joint reviews and evaluations in the water and sanitation sector, aligned to the Government’s planning and budget cycle;
- Maintain and promote contacts with private sector, NGO community, bilateral and multilateral donors and organise and/or attend informal water and sanitation sector donor meetings and report accordingly.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- The incumbent should possess a Master degree in Civil Engineering or related field with emphasis on water and sanitation. In addition, the candidate must have at least 5 years professional experience at project level, broad knowledge of all water and sanitation sub-sectors, and with specific experience in implementation and management of donor funded projects in Rwanda and in the region;
- In-depth knowledge of the water sector as well as political, social and development issues in Rwanda;
- Previous experience working in multi-lateral financial institutions/donor agencies or similar large organizations will be an advantage,;
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard technology packages and Bank’s standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power point, internet etc);
- Deep knowledge of the project cycle, including project implementation and portfolio management as applicable in the Regional Member Countries (RMCs);
- Proven planning, organizational and research/analytical skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French (with a working-knowledge of the other language).
Terms of Employment
Three years on a fixed-term contract with possibilities of renewal based on performance.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. The President, ADB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"