Technical Specialist recruitment available at Standard Chartered Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date of submission. More details about the recruitment of Standard Chartered Bank are given below.
Job ID: 301468
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Location: Nigeria SCB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 13th October, 2011
To provide 1st and 2nd line support for all Standard Chartered users, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion
To plan, implement, subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective, production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to local SCB businesses in line with the IT Technical Standards for Standard Chartered businesses.
To apply knowledge of IT, Financial products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following areas, networks, market information systems, desktop and server management and communications.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide technical support for all Standard Chartered business products. Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch’s (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- To ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Standard Chartered locations including ensuring risk / compliance and security / build standards are followed.
- Desktop and Notebooks setup and daily Management including System fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Perform upgrades, backup/recovery, security, virus protection, spam protection, registry editing, active directory editing, System implementation
- Performance monitoring and problem solving for project execution in a large, complex environment.
- Operating system support i.e. windows server 2003 /2000, Microsoft exchange and XP.
- Problem and change (Scheduled change & RMS) management – outstanding problem\change management, call logging, call trends, call reporting including high severity problem control. All Remedy related initiatives and updates. Ensuring standards are adhered to, or dispensations raised
- Work closely with ITSC, TSS and CTS to provide technical support to local users and local systems
- Local hands and feet on the ground along side the TSS
- Smaller locations will cover LAN, PABX and branch networks
- Security vulnerability management – MA patches, SVT outstanding issues, SAT completion, standard build usage
- Protectors of the local environment, including responsibility to ensure safe and tidy IT installations and cabling, local regulatory compliance, health and safety adherence etc
- Ensure that escalations to CWL and Third Party Vendors are dealt with expediently.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Exchange Support, Server Raid and SAN Configuration, Telecoms, LINUX,SQL, client/server systems in LAN/WAN environments, In
Qualifications & Skills
Qualification: B.Sc degree in Computer Science or related field .At least three years experience in Microsoft Exchange Support, Server Raid and SAN Configuration, Telecoms, LINUX,SQL, client/server systems in LAN/WAN environments, Internet technology and computer security.Microsoft Certification and in-depth application will be an added advantage.
- Strong PC / Server applications skills
- Strong knowledge of e-business systems and trading tools
- In depth knowledge of client server technologies
- Extensive exposure in Business services and the IT environments.
- Exchange Server SQL, Active Directory, and SCCM Technical skills
- SAN Management
- Good understanding of telecommunications\networking
- Strong will to achieve business objectives
- Clear understanding of IT security policies.
- Operating system support i.e. windows server 2003 /2008, Microsoft exchange and Window 7
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Very good communications skills
- Completing tasks within deadlines
- Man management of external (vendor) resources
- Ability to train operational staff in new procedures
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be able to priorities tasks
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
How to Apply:
Follow the following steps to apply
- Click here to access the SCB Career Portal
- In the select location drop down, select Nigeria - SCB
- Click search button
- And click on Technical Specialist
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"