Senior Country Economist - SDFO, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (21/10/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
The African Development Bank’s Field Office in Sudan (SDFO) was established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the government of Sudan, development partners, donors, the private sector, and the civil society. This dialogue is expected to enhance and foster the design of the Bank’s development policies and programs, as well as the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the country’s development policies and poverty reduction strategy. SDFO also seeks to assist and facilitate the execution of the core operational functions of the Bank Group in identifying, preparing, appraising and implementing projects and programs in Sudan, and follow-up with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, promotion of participatory approaches, alignment with country and regional priorities and enhancing impacts. SDFO invites applications from qualified candidates to fill in the following vacant position. This is a national position and posting will be in Khartoum, Sudan.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will generally perform the functions of the Country Office.
Major Duties and responsibilities will include the following among others:
- Provide active support to the Headquarters Staff in preparation of Country Strategy Papers, Economic and Sector Work, and in organization of stakeholders dialogue workshop;
- Assist Headquarters staff in the project identification exercise, in the preparation of portfolio reviews; project completion reports, as well as in non-operational activities of other Departments – particularly training, etc.
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of the Bank Group medium term operational program, covering both lending and non-lending activities;
- Participate in country-level policy dialogue on macroeconomic, structural and institutional reform issues emanating from the Government Poverty Reduction Programs; in aid coordinating meetings, sector wide approach fora, workshops and seminars;
- Participate key country processes and initiatives, including budget, public expenditure reviews, sector reviews and working groups, seminars/workshops;
- Assist where required in the development of the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensure their application;
- Organize communication with the HQ (VSAT), and coordinate follow up meetings resulting from the project cycle activities listed above;
- Follow up on repayment of loans and subscriptions;
- Prepare monthly reports of the Country Office activities to be transmitted to the HQ;
- Perform other duties requested by the Resident Representative and the management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- The incumbent should possess at least a Master degree in economics, and at least five years of relevant professional work experience related to country programming, economic and sector policy formulation as well as macroeconomic analysis. Proven understanding of microeconomic, structural reform, and public sector reform issues;
- Proven planning and organizational skills. Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills, with ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations;
- In-depth knowledge of social, political and development issues in the country;
- Good understanding of current development topics and issues, including the poverty reduction strategy process, the multi-donor budget support program, and governance issues;
- Sound knowledge of Sudan government’s administrative systems and procedures;
- Proven ability to interact competently with the staff of government and donor agencies on issues relating to aid coordination, sector-wide approaches etc.;
- Good mastery of project cycle matters required for portfolio management and familiarity with multilateral development bank’s policies and procedures;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, with knowledge of French an advantage.
Source and Apply Online click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"