Principal Transport Policy Specialist - Transport & ICT, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (07/010/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: PL4
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/149
The Transport and ICT Department provides assistance to the Bank Regional Member Countries (RMCs) to formulate and articulate transport sector policies and strategies, sector reforms, and private sector participation to ensure best practices and lessons learned related to transport policy, and institutional/governance approaches are mainstreamed in project design. The department engages Regional Member Countries (RMCs) governments in policy dialogue related to transport sector reforms, and provides them with Technical Assistance, and non-lending knowledge products involving strategy, policy, planning, programming, privatization, and institutional reforms in the transport sector.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the Principal Transport Policy Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development of policies and strategies for the transport sector in RMCs in consultation with relevant government agencies, development partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in the development, processing and administration of loans and TA projects, which require major policy, institutional and operational reforms.
- Conduct policy dialogue with RMCs in advancing policy and institutional reforms in the transport sector, especially in the areas of Planning and Programming, transport network development, asset management/maintenance, and Private Sector Participation.
- Participate in and contribute to country programming activities and ensure that operational strategies are adequately reflected in the resultant country programming documents.
- Manage fiduciary responsibilities including procurement, and ensuring compliance with the Bank guidelines and the provisions of loan/grant agreements.
- Conduct analytical and sector work to inform and underpin the downstream intervention of the Bank in project and program design in the transport sector.
- Coordinate with other development partners and RMCs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of transport sector policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Collaborate with other development partners in the transport sector for consistency and harmonization of approach, exchange of experience, partnership and co-financing where appropriate.
- Implement and administer loans and TAs, covering policy and institutional reforms as well as capacity building aspects.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base in the transport sector, keeping abreast of the latest developments and issues related to policy, planning, programming, and institutional development.
- Contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building around transport sector issues.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in a Transportation related discipline such as Transportation Planning/Engineering, Transportation Economics, combined with training in Public Policy or Public Administration.
- Preferably a minimum of 6 years of highly relevant professional experience in transport policy and strategy, institutional development and sector governance, transport sector reforms, privatization/ private sector participation.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing transport policies and strategies, transport sector development programs, and implementing transport sector reforms involving legal, regulatory, institutional reforms, and privatization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead sector dialogue on broader transport policy issues (public sector reform, public finance, private sector participation and regulation) with the analytical ability to integrate policy considerations and institutional development into the broad range of transport sector issues.
- In-depth technical knowledge of methodologies and techniques for transport sector analysis, planning & programming, pricing, economic and safety regulations, sector governance issues, and climate change impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of professionals to deliver projects and programs in an effective and efficient way;
- Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- High level communication and negotiation skills with excellent written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"