Principal Translator/Reviser English - English Translation, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (16/10/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: PL-4
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/155
The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure, as required by the Bank’s Agreement, accessibility of key documents in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese). The specific objective of the English Translation Division (CLSD.1) is to ensure quality translation of all Bank documents into English, as well as the editing in English of key documents such as the Bank Group Annual Report.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager, Division of English Translation (CLSD.1), the incumbent:
- Translates into English from French, requiring no revision, and revises translations of complex, technical and sensitive documents covering the full range of the Bank’s work, namely: economic and financial reports, statements by Senior Management, audit reports, planning and programming documents, project appraisal reports, etc.
- Must aim at a high standard of accuracy, faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text
- Observes established terminology and usage, and ensures consistency among individual translators working on the same document
- Advises on language matters
- Assesses translators. Undertakes supervisory assignments in language services at meetings
- Trains, counsels and assists junior translators, and contributes to developing terminology, as appropriate;
- Participates in working groups on various issues related to the work of the Bank, in general, and the Department of Language Services, in particular.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Possess a master’s degree in translation from a reputable school. Qualifications in any other discipline relevant to the business of the African Development Bank Group would be an added advantage.
- Have at least 6 years of practical experience in translation (particularly in finance and/or law), at least 3 of which (for external candidates) should have been spent working in or with an international organization (preferably development banks);
- Be conversant with all standard software used in the Bank to be able to revise directly and independently on the PC;
- Have a broad cultural background, an impeccable writing style and initiative; show sound judgment, exercise thoroughness and demonstrate ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural/multilingual environment.
- Possess an ability to work with and supervise a team;
- Demonstrate ability to use CAT tools (Trados, Multitrans, etc.); and
- Demonstrate high proficiency in English and French.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"