Principal Program Coordinator - Office of the President, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (06/10/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: PL-4
- Position No: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/143
The Office of the President is responsible for providing support & assistance to the President in planning, supervising and managing business activities of the Bank Group. The Program Coordinator will undertake assignments under the supervision of the Director, Office of the President related to the execution of the President’s work program, schedule, mission-related activities and diary management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the general supervision of the Director, Office of the President, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as a principal aide to the President and supports a range of activities dealing with programming and management of the President’s Agenda. Takes responsibility for managing the overall work program of the President consisting of planning, coordination and communication.
- Provides expertise in the area of development of strategy and program management through leveraging the IT system. Establishes procedures and controls to improve efficiency of services in the areas of monitoring the President’s agenda.
- In consultation with the President, designs, establishes, and maintains an integrated calendar of events, for major events affecting the Bank. Participates with the President and senior management in institutional planning and policy development and follows up on related instructions.
- Coordinates all aspects of activities related to the Bank Group’s General Annual Meetings. Contributes in providing communication support for major events (conferences and meetings) and in determining emerging issues requiring strategic intervention of the President.
- Supervises the activities of the Office of the President’s scheduling and programming team.
- Responds to invitations in the light of the President’s schedule. Travels with the President on working missions as deemed necessary.
- Ensures follow up of the required written contributions and briefing materials i.e. talking points, speeches, media program etc. during the President’s meetings (in-house and on missions).
- Closely collaborates with the Staff of the Office of the President in charge of the President’s travel and logistics. Contributes in SAPR Work Program development and provides KPIs proposals and inputs to the yearly budget preparation.
- Provides substantive support to the Office of the President by supporting programmatic and administrative tasks necessary for efficient and effective functioning of the Office of the President.
- Supports the Office of the President’s liaison with other international institutions, stakeholders and regional member countries.
- Performs any other duty pertinent to the work, assigned by the Director and the President.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s or its equivalent in Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries.
- Preferably a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience;
- Significant professional experience in one of the Bank’s operations;
- Demonstrated good knowledge of the operational policies, procedures and practices of major bilateral and multilateral development agencies in the regional member countries;
- Good operation experience in the Bank, with broad skills in operations evaluations, stakeholder engagement, and with strong analytical skills in assessment of institutional capacities and projects implementation;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, coordination and communication skills;
- Integrity, and ability to work under pressure and to deliver timely quality services;
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently or within team; demonstrated mature sense of judgment;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, and preferably with a working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (word, Excel, Access and Power point).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"