Principal Interpreter (French A with retour in English) - Interpretation Division, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (09/010/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: PL-4
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/025
The Corporate Language Services Department (CLSD) ensures accurate, consistent and effective flow of multilingual communication within the Bank to facilitate decision-making on issues related to the development of member countries, as well as between the Bank, its stakeholders, development partners and the public, with a view to enabling better understanding of its objectives and its success in conducting its development mission.
The Interpretation Division(CLSD3) ensures this communication by providing simultaneous and consecutive interpretation services for various meetings organized or co-hosted by the Bank, ranging from the Board of Governors( Annual Meetings, Governors’ Consultative Committee, etc.), the Board of Directors ( Committee on Operations and Development Effectiveness, Audit and Finance Committee, etc.), to seminars, workshops.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Manager of the Interpretation Division, the Principal Interpreter shall be required to perform the following:
- Provides faithful, appropriate and well-delivered interpretation (simultaneous and consecutive) in the active languages, English and French, finding instant solutions to problems of expression, terminology, accent, speed of delivery etc. in the active language;
- Covers meetings such as the Boards of Governors Meetings, Boards of Directors and all related meetings, Administrative Tribunal, ADF negotiations, Interviews, Seminars, Training sessions and meetings with other international organizations among others;
- Makes proposals to the Division Manager in respect of the above;
- Assists the Division Manager in the formulation and implementation of appropriate policies in Interpretation;
- Leads and coordinates interpretation teams covering certain Bank meetings and/or teams dispatched on missions outside the Bank. Prepares reports on the performance of interpreters and other issues;
- Acts for the Division Manager and in that capacity plans, organizes, leads and supervises all the activities of the Division;
- Can be called upon to perform other interpretation related ad hoc duties.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in interpretation from a recognized Interpretation School or Institution
- Must have French A and a very strong retour in English. Ability to interpret from /into a third language (Portuguese and/or Arabic) is an added advantage
- Preferably 6 years of practical experience in Interpretation of which at least 3 in an international organization and preferably in an international development finance institution
- Good leadership skills
- Good sense of inter-professional relations
- Capacity to work under pressure and to work in or lead a team
- Knowledge of standard Bank software, namely Word, Excel and Power Point.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"