Division Manager - Water and Sanitation, recruitment available at African Development Bank, Nigeria. Candidates who are eligible and qualified may apply before last date (15/10/2011) of submission. More details about the recruitment of African Development Bank, Nigeria are given below.
- Grade: PL-2
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/150
The international context and momentum from past reforms have generated opportunities for the Bank to expand its mandate as well as increase Bank’s visibility. The Bank has taken the leadership in infrastructure (NRPAD Infrastructure Program, Infrastructure Consortium) and Rural Water and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI). The Bank is trustee for the African Water Facility Special Fund and is managing other trust funds in the Water sector like the Multi-donor Water Partnership program (MDWPP) and the RWSSI Trust Fund. The Bank is carrying out a number of projects and studies in the Water Sector, through its public sector operation window. The objective of the Water and Sanitation Department will be to centralize the Bank’s water sector activities for better coordination, to lead the definition and implementation of sustainable solutions across the water value chain, from strategy, policy-making, institutional reform, advisory services at country and regional levels, capacity building, information and knowledge, fund-raising, project implementation and monitoring. The Department will be responsible for the Bank contribution to achieve MDGs target in the Water sector and the other related areas namely the nutrition, education, health, gender empowerment and environment. The role of the Water and Sanitation Division will be to carry out the Water Sector activities and to play a key role in the Bank’s financing, implementation and monitoring of water and sanitation projects and programs.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general guidance and direction of the Director, Water and Sanitation Department, the Manager, Water and Sanitation Division will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake or supervise studies on Water and Sanitation in Africa, at the national and regional level, to identify constraints, priorities, suitable projects and programs; advise on policies and strategies for Bank’s intervention in the water sector and related areas;
- Promote and develop appropriate strategies and work programme in the water sector which are in line with Bank Country Strategy Paper at the national level, and Regional Strategy paper for the regional operations;
- Analyse financing requests from the RMCs and propose projects, programs and studies for Bank support; ensure compliance with Bank group acceptance criteria and priorities, including procurement and cross-cutting strategies: environment, gender;
- Undertake dialogue in policy formulation, institutional reform, capacity building, promotion of stakeholder participation, and programme, on water sector development with the RMCs and the Regional Economic organisations (REC);
- Implement the Bank support to the development of the water sector in RMCs through lending, grants, technical assistance and water sector policy-based operations, undertake the identification, preparation and appraisal of the operations, loan and grant processing;
- Supervise the implementation of the Bank Water operations, ensure a high quality of the portfolio and the development effectiveness;
- Provide advice and assistance to the Bank Country and Regional Department, in particular, the Country Programme Officer (CPO);
- Ensure the synergies among the Bank Water activities, in particular provide support to the activities of the AWF and the MDWPP and coordinate activities of the division with the NEPAD Division water activities and the Consortium for infrastructure;
- Implement the Bank mandate and commitment for the RWSSI programme;
- Organise and participate in loan negotiations and collaborate with the Bank Legal Department in preparation of loan agreements;
- Ensure coordination and synergy with all partners and donors; initiate, conduct and/or coordinate the division’s participation in dialogue with African countries, NEPAD and other partners; participate and contribute to peer reviews and reports in working groups; and represent the Division in multidisciplinary activities and the Bank in seminars and conferences.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Water Sector and related areas, Civil Engineering , Business Administration, Finance, Banking, Economics or related disciplines; sound knowledge of development issues in Africa.
- Preferably a minimum of 8 years of highly relevant experience;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the African region with special attention to infrastructure development issues and programs;
- Proven ability to build and lead a team of professional staff, and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way;
- Ability to build partnership and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the institution;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language;
- God listener with demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas; ability to make effective and timely decisions
- Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change;
- Competence in use of Bank standard software (World, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates apply for this position, click here
Note : - Interested candidates subscribe to NBJ4U to receive on-line information related to: Latest Nigeria Jobs 2012, Recruitment, Vacancies, Results 2012, Bank Jobs 2012, Scholarship, Graduate Trainees, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe through email and all these direct to you inbox…"Subscribe to NBJ4U by Email"